Body ringworm can spread in many direct and indirect ways, such as person to person, pet to person, inanimate item to person and soil to person. Symptoms usually start about four to 10 days after contact with the fungus.
The characteristic sign of this infection is small, ring- or circle-shaped rashes that appear on the body. Other accompanying symptoms include redness, itching, and inflammation. If not treated, it may cause your skin to blister.
Children are more prone to ringworm of the body than adults. Other risk factors include living in damp or humid areas, excessive sweating, taking part in contact sports, wearing tight clothing, having a weak immune system, and sharing clothing, bedding or towels with others.
Ringworm of the body can be easily treated by maintaining good hygiene and using some simple, natural and effective home remedies.
Here are the top 10 home remedies to get rid of ringworm of the body (tinea corporis).
1. Good Hygiene for help prevent the infection from spreading to other areas of the body as well
According to the World Health Organization, personal hygiene, supported by availability of adequate quantities of water are important preventive measures to prevent the spread of ringworm (1).
Keep the affected area as clean as possible. Wash the area with water and some mild soap daily. After a shower, dry your skin well, especially between the toes, groin, and armpits. Also, prevent sweat from accumulating around the affected area, as moisture makes it easier for the fungus to spread.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for get rid of body ringworm
Apple cider vinegar is a very effective home remedy for body ringworm. Research has found that it has strong antifungal properties that help fight the fungus causing the infection (2).
how to :
- Dilute raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water. Soak a cotton ball in it and apply it on the affected skin. Do this 3 times per day.
- Also, mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and a little honey into a glass of warm water. Drink it twice daily to help fight the infection from within.
3. Tea Tree Oil for kill the fungus
A 2003 study published in the Journal of Applied Microbiology identifies that most components of tea tree oil have activity against a range of fungi. However, the measurement of antifungal activity may be significantly influenced by the test method (3).