When it comes to video editing, a lot of professionals use an Apple MacBook. The brand’s latest release, the Apple MacBook Pro with TouchBar, works very well with Final Cut Pro program.
With the touchbar, you can quickly scan or scrub through your video timeline without using a mouse. This is already an advantage if you want the job done quickly.
Aside from the latest addition, which is the touch bar, the MacBook Pro also comes with a lot of captivating features as well. It has a 15.4-inch retina display, which is already considered as one of the best displays Apple currently produces.
The display on the MacBook Pro can be as bright as 500 nits, which is the brightest panel that has been made for laptop computers. This laptop also has 25% more colors that allow superior color accuracy and brightness.
For its hardware specifications, this laptop is equipped with Intel i7 2.8 GHz Quad Core Kaby Lake processor that is paired with 16 GB of RAM and an AMD Radeon Pro 555 graphics card.
These specs are considered good for editing GoPro videos. The ports include a USB Type-C and a 3.55 mm headphone jack. While the Apple MacBook Pro already showcases great specs, what it is lacking is the storage space.
The laptop only has 256 GB of SSD, which might be a little low and may be a potential problem if you use large video files and video editing software. However, if money is not an issue, you may opt to choose other models that have more storage space such as 512 GB, 1 TB, and 2 TB.
Apple 15″ MacBook Pro Product Details
|Screen Size||15 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||2880×1800 pixels|
|Processor||2.9 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||16 GB DDR3 SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
|Hard Drive||512 GB Flash Memory Solid State|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Radeon Pro 560|
|Wireless Type||802.11abg, 802.11.ac, 802.11 a/b/g/n, 802.11.a|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||10 hours|
Other Techinal Details
|Item model number||MPTT2LL/A|
|Operating System||MacOS Sierra|
|Item Weight||6.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.7 x 2.2 x 10.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||14.7 x 2.2 x 10.5 inches|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR SDRAM|
|Flash Memory Size||512.0|
|Optical Drive Type||None|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)|
- 15″ Retina Display
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- 2.9GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
- Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 512GB SSD storage
- Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB memory
- Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Color: Space Gray
- The Apple MacBook Pro runs on Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Quad Core Kaby Lake Processor, which will allow uninterrupted and flawless video editing.
- It also has a big memory of 16 GB.
- This laptop runs on AMD Radeon pro 555 GPU that provides better graphics.
- It has a 15.4-inch retina display with 2880 x 1800 resolution, which is ideal for GoPro video editing.
- It also already runs on the new software update, macOS Sierra.
- The laptop has 10 hours of battery life.
- It only weighs 4 pounds, which makes it easy to carry around.
- The cheapest Apple MacBook Pro only has 256 GB of storage.