Many human beings revel in the pain of a dry scalp. Do no longer bear in mind yourself to be a sole victim.
The scalp carries sebaceous glands that produce oil to hold it moisturized. When the manufacturing of oil is reduced, the scalp will become too dry.
This can arise for a number of reasons. Some common reasons consist of eczema, nutritional deficiencies, scalp infections, exposure to cold and dry weather, shampooing your hair too frequently and the use of hair care products that contain alcohol.
Use home remedies for dry scalp
A dry scalp can be itchy, pink and indignant, and can also make your hair seem dry and stupid. The absence of ok moisture also can weaken the hair follicles and even increase hair loss. So, it’s vital to deal with the problem as soon as you be aware it.
Fortunately, there are many simple and effective home treatments to repair moisture on your scalp and deal with dryness.
Home remedies for dry scalp
Here are the top 10 home remedies for dry scalp.
1.Warm Oil Massage
A heat oil rub down is the first-class and most effective manner to restore misplaced moisture and deal with a dry scalp. Massaging with oil encourages the natural manufacturing of oil, improves blood flow to the hair follicles and scalp, and affords essential vitamins to the scalp.
This treatment also allows reduce itchiness.
Massage heat oil into your scalp and hair to take away dry scalp
When massaging, use coconut oil or olive oil for quality consequences.
- Warm 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Use the warm oil to massage your entire scalp.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and leave it for 1 to 2 hours.
- Rinse the oil from your hair, then shampoo as usual.
- Do an oil massage once or twice a week to keep your scalp free from itchiness and dryness.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is some other very powerful home remedy for a dry scalp. As aloe vera is a terrific pores and skin moisturizer, you could use it to get comfort from an itchy scalp as well.
Apply aloe vera gel to treat your dry scalp
In fact, aloe vera is in particular beneficial for a dry scalp due to psoriasis.
- Extract pure aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the gel on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment 1 or 2 times a week.
Honey is likewise an excellent treatment for a dry and itchy scalp. The antimicrobial properties of honey can assist wreck any dangerous microbes gift to your scalp and decrease the chance of contamination.
- Dilute raw honey with some warm water in the ratio of 4:1. Massage the solution into your scalp for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover your head with a warm towel and leave it on for 2 hours. Shampoo your hair as usual. Use this remedy twice a week.
- Alternatively, mix ½ cup of warm olive oil and 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply this on your scalp and massage gently. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes, then shampoo your hair as usual. Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week.
Yogurt also works as a fantastic treatment for a dry scalp. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help hold your scalp clean and unfastened from infections.
Apply simple yogurt to get rid of infections and dry scalp
It additionally makes your hair tender, clean and brilliant.
- Apply plain yogurt on your scalp and massage thoroughly for 5 to 10 minutes. Allow it to sit for 30 to 45 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy a few times a week.
- Alternatively, mix together ½ cup of yogurt and 3 tablespoons of ground fenugreek seeds. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair. Wait 1 hour, then wash it outwith a mild shampoo. Repeat this remedy once a week.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent treatment for a dry or itchy scalp, especially if the problem is because of psoriasis, eczema or dandruff.
Use apple cider vinegar to treat your dry and itchy scalp
It facilitates cleanse the scalp and hair, disposing of accrued product residue and restoring the pH of your hair.
- Mix ¼ cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with 3 cups of water.
- Spray this solution on your scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as usual.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
Mayonnaise is complete of oils and fats that circumstance the scalp and hair. This in flip facilitates reduce scalp dryness.
Apply mayonnaise to circumstance your hair and do away with dry scalp
The vinegar inside the mayonnaise additionally facilitates deal with any bacterial or fungal contamination, one of the key reasons behind a dry scalp.
- Apply a generous amount of mayonnaise on your scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Allow the mayonnaise to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water, then shampoo as usual.
- Repeat this remedy once a week.
Bananas are very nourishing and moisturizing for a dry scalp. They can effectively lessen the flakes, infection and dryness of the scalp.
Apply mashed bananas to deal with dry scalp correctly
Bananas additionally save you the hair from frizzing and tangling.
- Mash 2 ripe bananas and apply it all over your scalp. Leave it in for at least 30 minutes, then rinse it out with cold water. Repeat this treatment once a week.
- Alternatively, mix 1 ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of almond oil. Apply this hair mask thoroughly on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse it out well with warm water. Use this remedy once a week.
Another fruit that could assist combat a dry and itching scalp is avocados.
Apply mashed avocado a couple of times a week to treat your dry scalp
Avocados are wealthy in minerals, nutrients and herbal oils that assist combat the dryness. They also make your hair soft, smooth and bright.
- Mash the pulp of an avocado and rub it on your scalp. Leave it on for 25 to 30 minutes, then wash it out. Do this at least once a week.
- Alternatively, mash a ripe avocado and mix it with 1 teaspoon of wheat-germ oil and 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil to make a smooth paste. Apply this mixture on your freshly washed scalp and hair. Cover your scalp and hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes, then shampoo your hair with lukewarm water. Use this remedy once or twice a week.
Oatmeal is a extraordinary healer for a dry scalp as well as dull and dead hair. The nutrition E in it allows maintain the scalp and hair nicely-moisturized and prevents dryness, flaking and itching.
Apply oatmeal paste to heal and deal with your dry scalp
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oatmeal powder into ½ cup of water.
- Massage the mixture gently onto the scalp.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse it out with cold water.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
If you’ve got a bottle of beer at domestic, then it’s time to apply it to remove your dry scalp. Beer is a first rate natural conditioner and gives a pleasing deep-conditioning remedy in your dry scalp and hair, it also has surprising splendor advantages for pores and skin and hair.
Use beer to eliminate a dry scalp
High in vitamin B and yeast, beer also makes your hair soft and vivid.
- Mix 2 cups of beer and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Apply this mixture on your hair after shampooing. Wait 5 minutes, then rinse it out with cool water. Repeat once or twice a week.
- Alternatively, mix a few drops of jojoba oil into 1 cup of dark beer. Apply it on your hair and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it out with water, followed by regular shampooing.