This is the Healthiest Cleanser for Your Face
Whether you’re dealing with aging skin or acne, figuring out how to cleanse your face both safely and effectively is no easy feat. The average pharmacy carries over 100 products just for facial cleansing, making it difficult to navigate the those aisle of foams, bars, powders, and oils.
However, regardless of skin type, sidestepping potentially harmful substances in your cleansers is the first step toward safer skin. There is sufficient data to show that many ingredients commonly found in facial cleansers are toxic hormone disruptors. In fact, research suggests that many of the chemicals in our facial cleansers could be putting our health at risk.
Did you know a facial skin is more delicate than rest of the body? When our delicate face is exposed to pollution, UV rays, dust, and chemicals it starts making problems. The problems are a breakout, tiny bumps, acne, whiteheads, and blackheads.
- which ingredients should we be avoiding?
- Amazing Drugstore Face Washes That Get Rid of Acne For Good
- 5 Homemade DIY Face Cleansers for Combat Acne
- 1. Oatmeal For Oily & Sensitive Skin
- How to use this natural oatmeal face cleanser for acne
- 2. Honey for Combination Skin
- 3. Yoghurt for Dry Skin
- 4. Bentonite Clay for Acne Prone Skin
- 5. Green Gram for Brighter skin or Uneven Skin Tone
which ingredients should we be avoiding?
Sodium lauryl sulfate, an ingredient found in most cleansers, is generally considered non-toxic unless ingested. However, it may be doing more harm than good to your skin. In fact, research suggests it can irritate sensitive skin and may worsen some existing skin conditions, like eczema.
More frightening are parabens, which can disrupt the body’s natural hormonal balance. In fact, research published in the Journal of Applied Toxicology reveals that parabens have been found in breast cancer tissue.
Fortunately, for those curious to see what else might be lurking in their face wash, the Environmental Working Group, a non-profit that provides education on environmental toxins to the public, has the answer. Their website, Skin Deep, provides detailed information on cosmetics, where users can search by brands, ingredients, and safety rating. Better yet, Skin Deep has the scientific data available to back it all up. Skin Deep also provides a verified list of products that they consider non-toxic.
However, of the nearly 2,000 facial cleansers on Skin Deep, only 68 of them are verified safe by EWG. Of these, one brand stands out as a customer favorite, with a nearly perfect score across multiple review sites. As the name suggests, Just The Goods is made from 100% natural ingredients with no chemical fillers, fragrances, or additives. The vegan formulas contain ingredients like tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and essence of lavender. Some exfoliating formulas even include jojoba beads, an environmentally-safe alternative to the maligned microbead.
The brand offers a line of facial cleansers for different skin types, from normal and sensitive to oily and congested. Better yet, you can even order a sample kit to find the right fit.
Amazing Drugstore Face Washes That Get Rid of Acne For Good
Best Hidden Gem
PanOxyl Acne Creamy Wash
When you’re scanning the shelves for a new cleanser, it’s easy to overlook the boring, clinical packaging — but my annoyingly-clear-skinned friends swear by this stuff. The 4% benzoyl peroxide formula fights the bacteria that can cause acne, which helps keep your pores happily unclogged.
Keep in mind, though, that even the best drugstore face washes aren’t guaranteed to work for everyone. If your acne is severe, or nothing seems to help, make an appointment to talk to your dermatologist — she can help you find a treatment option that works for you.
So we all exposed to these factors every single day so our skin needs special gentle care. Nothing is better than a nice face cleanser and exfoliation which removes dead skin cells, excessive oil and lot of dust.
So today I decided to gives you all natural and easy DIY face cleanser for acne that suits all skin types, I do my best to cover all skin problems and types that relate with acne in this post. So let’s start.
5 Homemade DIY Face Cleansers for Combat Acne
1. Oatmeal For Oily & Sensitive Skin
This one is my favorite face cleanser. As it contains a chemical which is saponins, as it known for cleansing properties. It’s also anti-inflammatory, it also helps to exfoliate your skin gently and lock the moisture and it makes your skin incredibly soft and supple. Its perfect for people who have sensitive skin, it’s also great for people who have acne or oily skin. In reality, every skin type people can use it and get its benefits.
How to use this natural oatmeal face cleanser for acne
- First of all, take one cup of oatmeal.
- Now blend them in a blender until you get a powdery consistency.
- Every time you want to use it.
- Take two tablespoons of oatmeal powder, add a little bit of honey(optional).
- Add a little bit of water.
- Now massage it into your skin very gently.
- If you have very irritated or inflamed skin due to acne then this will give you really nice feel.
- Because oatmeal is very gentle, it helps to reduce and soothe inflammation or redness.
2. Honey for Combination Skin
If you have problematic skin like eczema or any kind of acne then honey is very beneficial for your combination skin. Raw honey contains antibacterial and healing properties. Its anti-inflammatory, it helps to clean out the pores and retain moisture. There are so many reasons why I recommend this. Just make sure you get raw honey or unfiltered honey because it has all the antioxidants and nutrients which your skin need. I personally recommend and use pure manuka honey because it has all things which you need for making DIY face cleanser for acne.
How to use this natural honey face cleanser
- First of all wet your entire face.
- Scoop out a small amount of honey.
- Now rub the honey into your entire face, you can also use it on your hands or neck.
- If you don’t want any mess just use it when you are taking shower, it not only mess free but saves your time as well.
- Let it as a mask and wash your rest of the body in the shower.
- Let it for 4 or 5 minutes.
- After that, you can simply rinse it off.
3. Yoghurt for Dry Skin
Yoghurt is another great natural face cleanser. It contains lactic acid which helps to gently exfoliate the skin. It tighten the pores and reduces the appearance of fine lines and it also very hydrating, it also helps to kill the bacterias which causing acne or breakouts. If your skin is dry then this is perfect for you as it makes your skin extra soft and smooth. To get the great result you have to use plain and natural yogurt without any artificial flavors or sugar.
How to use natural yogurt face cleanser for acne
- You can use it alone or mix some honey for extra moisturization.
- Just Massage a thin layer of this into your skin.
- If anything traps on your pores, yogurt helps to loosen them.
- Simply massage it for few seconds then let it stay as a mask for few minutes.
- After then wash your face thoroughly with water.
4. Bentonite Clay for Acne Prone Skin
For deep facial cleanse there is nothing better than to use clay my personal favorite is bentonite clay. It penetrates deep into the skin, it also acts like a magnet for toxins and impurities. It gently exfoliates and promotes blood circulation. This is especially affected by acne prone skin so if you have this skin then this face cleanser is for you.
How to use bentonite clay face cleanser for acne
- If you want to activate the bentonite clay then use it along with apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar is another great ingredient for skin.
- Mix a little bit of each until you got a smooth consistency.
- You can also add your favorite essential oils on it to make it more beneficial.
- Now apply it on your skin let it stay for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Then remove it by washing your face but don’t forget to massage your face gently or with soft strokes.
5. Green Gram for Brighter skin or Uneven Skin Tone
You can easily get green gram flour from any superstore if you not then take a simply green gram and make a powder of it. If you want to get rid of acne and want brighter looking skin then green gram is actually using in fairness process from centuries. We adding some more ingredients in this face cleanser like gram flour powder and rice powder. These both powder helps to whiten your skin naturally, removes acne and also clean your skin from within.
How to use green gram face cleanser for cure acne
- Take one part of green gram flour, one part of gram flour and rice powder.
- Mix all the together.
- If you want you can add milk into powder but if you don’t want just use alone.
- Use a little bit of water, in that case, it’s easy to apply on your face.
- Massage gently for 2 or 3 minutes.
- If you want you can leave it for more 5 minutes if not.
- Wash it off with water.